I am uncertain as to why I have enthusiasm for Life at this moment. Prior, I was depressed, melancholy and sad and couldn’t seem to overcome it. Now, I seem to be eager to get things done, eager to work (even in the Office). It could be due to :
- I am finally losing weight. I stepped on the scale a few days ago to find that I am down below 190#. I haven’t been below this weight in over five years. I feel that I have my eating under control for the first time in those five years, maybe the first time in my life.
- I am utilizing a new SEO tool that gives me insights on how to improve the Company web site. Before, I would just poke around to find something amiss. But this tool scans the site and gives a report on how to improve keyword ranking, find broken links, optimization. And I discovered the Google Light Speed program that tells you how fast things like First Paint and First Contenful Paint are on the page. Before a few days ago, I had never heard of those concepts and I work on web sites for a living.
- I am memorizing a Bible verse. I am trying to memorize Revelation 1:1-2. Once I have memorized that verse I will add the next verse and continue until I have the Chapter memorized. Hopefully, I will memorized the next Chapter and the next until the entire book is memorize. But, thinking on these verse helps me avoid musing on the Cabin issue and the fall out from that.
- I have been ‘practicing figure drawing’ for several weeks now, and, most importantly, been keeping up with it. I finished one Udemy course on digital painting. I purchaseed a course on Domestika called “Digital Fantasy Portraits with Photoshop“. The most important thing in this regard is to keep up the momentum and progress and don’t stall and stagnant like I usually do.
- I’m keeping my You Tube watching to a minimum. If I could learn how to download Udemy and/or Domestika apps to the TV, the world will be a better place.
- I am making more time lapse videos with the Nikon W300 camera. It gives me a little joy when I can capture cool and unique cloud motion in a time lapse. For any 50 videos maybe one or two are ‘cool and unique’.
I hate to say that returning to the Office after 15 months of Quarantine may have something to do with it.