Thankfully I had a good day, yesterday, May 18, 2021. Here’s why it was a good day:
- I was productive at work. There was a series of price revision for the Company. In the past, price revisions were a yearly event and somewhat convoluted as the same price must be in three different lists (web, app, paper). It’s not a hard task to complete but somewhat tedious to get the price on all three lists and be correct on all three lists. Over time, we’ve developed a method that is working and more efficient. There are hundred of prices.
- Read the current book, Hope is a Verb by Amy Downs. Actually, there were two episodes of reading, one immediately after I clocked out and the other later. The second episode was pleasant as I sat outside on the back yard deck enjoying the ambience of the evening.
- Practice drawing on the graphics tablet and listened to the new Udemy course.
- Kroger shopping where I bought only that which I needed and nothing else. Spent $60. That should get me through the next week or so. Other than the few days I ate on the leftover birthday cake from the grand kids party, I’ve been faithful to the new eating effort.
- Beer. I drank a bottle of Peanut Butter Busted Knuckle from Quaff On and opened a Liftoff from Daredevil. Ah, so very good.
- Quick dinner of canned chicken mixed with a little bit of Campbells Cream of Chicken soup. It was good enough for me. Also, I opened a can of Krogers ready-to-eat Hearty Chicken Noodle soup.
Certainly the “productive at work” item was the major player in making the day good. Work takes up at least 10 hours of the day and if I don’t feel productive during that time then the day is considered ‘unproductive”. Thankfully, that did not happen yesterday.